When it comes time to prepare for the Scholastic Aptitude Test, SAT, finding the right prep courses, like those offered by Alissa Breindel of Austin can make all the difference. Choosing the right prep course can be just as difficult as the test itself. Here are some tips to help find the right courses for your student.
• Determine how much help they need. The best way to determine this is to have the student take a full, timed exam in order to identify their strengths and weaknesses.
• Determine how much you want to spend. Become familiar with the type of assistance they need to help weed out the extremes of test prep courses.
• Understand their learning style. Do they work better when they are placed in a one-on-one setting or will they do better in a small group tutoring session?
• Decide on a single session or multi-week instruction. Students need to figure out how much instruction and self-study time they will need to prepare for the test.
• Look at both online and in-person options. Many students have busy schedules that they must find time in to study for the SAT’s. Online courses allow these students to study at their own pace when they have the time. However, with in-person prep, students are held accountable for their time, more so than with online options.
Finally, you need to look at both commercial and non-commercial options. Commercial test prep companies, like Strategic SAT Prep owned by Alissa Breindel Austin, provide the security of brand names and courses developed over time. Non-commercial options may consist of high school teachers that have an exceptional knowledge of current school curriculum.